Present: Cllrs Walne, Waples (vice chair) and Wheatley
In attendance: Mrs J Pettitt (parish clerk)
The vice-chair opened the meeting at 7.20 pm
1. To receive and accept apologies for absence.
Apologies were received and accepted from Cllrs Murdoch and Clayden-Smith.
2. To receive declarations of interest. Cllr Wheatley declared an interest in point 6.
3. To confirm the minutes of the Albury Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday 6th March 2018.
Resolved that these minutes be agreed as a true and accurate record of the proceedings and be duly signed by the vice-chair. Unanimously agreed.
4. To receive reports on actions agreed at the last council meeting
5. To receive petitions, comments and questions from the public
6. To consider planning applications received
3/18/0508/AGPN Erection of an agricultural barn, High Hall Farm, Clapgate, Albury.
3/18/0490/CUAPN Convert agricultural outbuilding to Class B8 (storage or distribution), Piggots Farm, Albury End, Albury.
7. To receive bank statements, bank reconciliation and financial summary
These were received by the Council and found to be satisfactory.
Balance at 6/3/18 £30,304.88
Outgoings: As agreed 6/3/18 £89.00
Fire exit door deposit £846.00 (as agreed point 10, 6/3/18)
Website updates £38.00 (as agreed point 11, 6/2/18)
Balance at 3/4/18 £29,331.88
Balance per bank statements £29,369.88 (includes unpresented cheque £38)
8. To agree payments due
Clerk’s salary £711.36, Clerk’s expenses £52.43, Leavers gift £33.50, Easter Event £212.78, Litter picker 1 £130, Litter picker 2 £130, HAPTC annual subs £337.03 Total £1607.10
Resolved, proposed by Cllr Waples, seconded by Cllr Wheatley, that these payments be made. Unanimously agreed.
9. To receive the clerk’s report (for information only)
10. To discuss the response to the councillor vacancy notice
There was no request for an election so the parish council may co-opt a councillor as soon as possible. The clerk agreed to advertise in the newsletter and on Facebook. The councillors will also ask around.
11. To discuss the condition of the railings and vegetation over the river Ash
The councillors discussed contracting someone to repair and repaint the railings and also tidy the area. The clerk agreed to approach Highways first to check if the parish council are permitted to do this and what the liabilities are.
12. To discuss the progress of actions required for the new General Data Protection Regulations
These are ongoing.
13. To discuss the Herts County Council’s assessment of the road/bridge fault at Patmore Heath
A resident confirmed that an engineer from HCC had visited the site and took numerous photographs. The clerk attempted to make contact with him for an update but Highways were unable to say who had visited. The clerk agreed to make further enquiries.
14. To receive an update of the village sign project
It has been confirmed that a sign cannot be placed on the green at Clapgate (by the bus stop). The clerk agreed to speak to a local councillor to ask for help with submitting a planning application for a spot near the bridge over the River Ash.
15. To discuss the Easter Egg Hunt held on Saturday 31st March
This was a success despite the rain. The excess eggs were donated to sell at the Albury afternoon tea on Sunday 4th April to raise funds for churchyard maintenance. Thank you to the Jane Pettitt, Cllrs Clayden-Smith, Wheatley and Walne and to Bella Clayden-Smith helping on the day.
16. To suggest agenda items for the Annual Parish Council Meeting and Annual Meeting of the Parish to be held Tuesday 1st May 2018 at 7.15pm at the Village Hall
Elect chair and vice-chair, sign-off annual return, agree insurance renewal, co-option of new councillor, Data Protection, the future of the Albury Newsletter, review of the last year’s activities.
The vice-chair closed the meeting at 8.05 pm