Present: Cllrs Murdoch (vice-chair), Walne, Waples and Wheatley
In attendance: Mrs J Pettitt (parish clerk), and 1 member of the public.
The chairman opened the meeting at 7.15 pm
1. To receive and accept apologies for absence. Apologies were received and accepted from Cllr Clayden-Smith.
2. To receive declarations of interest. None.
3. To confirm the minutes of the Albury Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday 6th February 2018.
Resolved that these minutes be agreed as a true and accurate record of the proceedings and be duly signed by the vice-chair. Unanimously agreed.
4. To receive reports on actions agreed at the last council meeting. None.
5. To receive petitions, comments and questions from the public. None.
6. To consider planning applications received. None received.
7. To discuss renewing our Hundred Parishes Society membership at a cost of £10
It was agreed to renew this membership. Resolved, proposed by Cllr Murdoch, seconded by Cllr Waples, to renew Albury Parish Council’s membership at a cost of £10. Unanimously agreed.
8. To receive bank statements, bank reconciliation and financial summary
These were received by the Council and found to be satisfactory.
Balance at 6/2/18 £30,415.27
Income: Bank interest £12.61
Outgoings: As agreed 6/2/18 £123.00
Balance at 6/3/18 £30,304.88
9. To agree payments due
Graham’s Taxis (February) £79.00, Hundred Parishes Annual subs £10.00. Total £89.00
Resolved, proposed by Cllr Murdoch, seconded by Cllr Waples, that these payments be made. Unanimously agreed.
10. To receive the clerk’s report (for information only)
A resident requested an update with regards to the hole in the road at Patmore Heath. A resident recently asked if the railings over the River Ash bridge are to be repainted.
11. To record Councillor Benton’s resignation, and discuss who should replace him, and the fact that there is now a councillor vacancy to be filled
Councillor Benton has resigned after more than 4 years with Albury Parish Council. The councillors discussed how much he will be missed. The clerk has prepared a vacancy notice to be displayed from tomorrow until 27th March. Resolved, proposed by Cllr Waples, seconded by Cllr Walne, that Cllr Murdoch should take on the role of Chair. Unanimously agreed. Cllr Murdoch agreed to take on the position. As Cllr Murdoch was vice-chair, resolved, proposed by Cllr Walne, seconded by Cllr Wheatley, that Cllr Waples should take on the role of Vice-chair. Unanimously agreed. Cllr Waples agreed to take on the position.
12. To discuss the General Data Protection Regulations Action Plan and privacy notices
The clerk is to continue to work through the 12-point plan and also customise the necessary privacy notices.
13. To discuss the fault in the bridge at Patmore Heath and the response from Herts County Council with respect to adopting it
Highways have said the road will probably not be adopted. A resident has sent them proof of that section having once been a footpath so it may be that there is a case to have it repaired and maintained. Herts County Council contacted the clerk to say an engineer will inspect the road this week.
14. To receive an update of the village sign project
A detailed sketch of the sign has been supplied and the councillors agreed it was fine. Cllr Waples is waiting for East Herts planning department to respond to planning queries, which will help to decide if it is worth paying the fee to submit a full planning application.
15. To set a budget for the Easter Egg Hunt to be held on Saturday 31st March
The clerk agreed to buy the chocolate eggs, bags and gifts for the hunt.
Resolved, proposed by Cllr Murdoch, seconded by Cllr Waples, that a budget of £200 be allocated for these purchases. Unanimously agreed.
16. To discuss the village hall committee’s request for a grant of £1000 towards new fire escape doors
The total price to replace all four doors is £4228 including VAT. The Stansted Airport Community Trust has pledged a grant of £3,000 towards the doors. The councillors discussed paying the other £1228 as the parish council can reclaim VAT, which means the outlay will then be £1023.33. Resolved, proposed by Cllr Wheatley, seconded by Cllr Walne, that the parish council pay £1228 towards the new fire doors. Unanimously agreed.
17. To discuss the fact that the Saturday community taxi service has been cancelled due to lack of custom
The taxi has been discontinued as only 3 or 4 people were using it each week.
18. To discuss Councillor Benton’s hand-over of the grant applications for the village hall playground
The clerk will arrange to collect the information.
19. To suggest agenda items for the Parish Council Meeting to be held Tuesday 3rd April 2018 at 7.15pm at the Village Hall
Playground fund raising. Village sign. Traffic calming. Annual meeting agendas. End of financial year paperwork. Insurance policy renewal. Patmore Heath road fault.
The chairman closed the meeting at 8.15 pm