Present: Cllr Clayden-Smith, Cllr Walne and Cllr Waples.
In attendance: Mrs J Pettitt (parish clerk), and 2 members of the public (MOP).
The vice-chairman opened the meeting at 7.20 pm
1. To receive and accept apologies for absence. Apologies from Cllr Benton and Cllr Clayden-Smith were received and accepted.
2. To receive declarations of interest. None.
3. To confirm the minutes of the Albury Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday 11th July 2017. Resolved that these minutes be agreed as a true and accurate record of the proceedings and be duly signed by the vice-chairman Unanimously agreed.
4. To receive reports on actions agreed at the last council meeting. None.
5. To receive petitions, comments and questions from the public. None.
6. To consider planning applications.
3/17/1806/FUL Access Track. Hoys Farm House, Upwick Green, Albury
3/17/1983/HH Part single, part two storey extension. Upwick House, Upwick Green, Albury
3/17/1934/HH 2 Storey Extension and Veranda to Rear of the Property. Single Storey extension to east side of the property. New double garage. New Road House, Upwick Green, Albury
3/17/2022/HH First floor rear extension (As approved under planning reference- 3/14/1634/FP). 4 Patmore Heath Cottages Patmore Heath Albury
3/17/2041/HH Demolish existing timber frame garage. Build a new 4 bay garage with 2 open bays and 2 lockable bays and a garden store. Kennel Cottage Albury End Albury
3/17/2019/HH Single storey front extension and pitching of existing flat roof to utility room, 9 Barncroft, Albury.
No comments on any of the above.
7. To receive bank statements, bank reconciliation and financial summary
These were received by the Council and found to be satisfactory.
Balance at 11/7/17, £30,301.83
Outgoings: As agreed 11/7/17 £1,085.36
Balance at 12/9/17, £30,381.47
8. To agree payments due
CHBT VETS membership £120, playground inspection £51.05, community taxi July& August invoices £269, external audit fee £120, web hosting/domain name renewal £83.40, allotment mowing £130, printer ink £23.52 Total £796.97
Resolved, proposed Cllr Waples, seconded Cllr Murdoch that these payments be made. Unanimously agreed.
9. To discuss Albury Village Hall finances and a request from the village hall committee for financial support from the parish council
The clerk agreed to look at the cost of advertising to promote the village hall. It was suggested that the parish council and the village hall committee meet to discuss village hall finances. The clerk agreed to organise this.
10. To receive the clerk’s report (for information only).
A resident emailed in a request for the parish council to investigate the number of unplanned power cuts in the village.
11. To discuss the parish councillor vacancy
Cllr Murdoch is in discussion with a possible applicant who may join on his retirement from his day job.
12. To discuss an email from a resident regarding a hole in the access road bridge between Patmore Heath and his property where a deed of grant of easement exists
The hole is increasing in size. A resident told the parish council that there may be a case for having Herts County Council adopt the road as a public highway. The clerk agreed to investigate this further and put in a request with the highways department. The clerk will ask if in the meantime a cover plate can be placed a cross the hole.
13. To discuss the progress of the traditional village sign project
A company is drafting a no obligation visual for pre-planning and has reserved a slot for the production of the sign should we wish to proceed.
14. To receive an update of the 2nd defibrillator installation and a defibrillator training date
The defibrillator has been installed by Keith Dewson (Albury Electrical Services). He has kindly provided this service free of charge. A training date is to be confirmed.
15. To discuss the work required to transform the telephone kiosk into a library
A message has been posted on the village Facebook page asking for volunteers to help to tidy and renovate the kiosk. Cllrs Waples and Walne hope to start clearing the greenery, cleaning and painting on Sunday 24th September.
16. To discuss the progress of the village hall playground fund raising
Postponed as Cllr Benton has the details.
17. To discuss the Patmore Heath no parking request and the effect so far
Several residents are now parking on the common land instead of the heath itself. APC has pointed out to HMWT that visitors have no way of knowing where they should or should not park because there are no signs.
18. To suggest agenda items for the Parish Council Meeting to be held Tuesday 3rd October 2017 at 7.15pm at the Village Hall
The requirement for a new playground, defibrillator training, Telephone kiosk library, traditional village sign, UKPower and power cuts, the speeding problem in the village
The vice- chairman closed the meeting at 8.40 pm