Present: Cllr Clayden-Smith, Cllr Murdoch, Cllr Walne and Cllr Waples.
In attendance: Mrs J Pettitt (parish clerk), and 0 members of the public (MOP).
The vice-chairman opened the meeting at 7.20pm
1. To elect a chairman for the year 2017/18 and sign Declaration of Acceptance of Office
Postponed as Cllr Benton was unable to attend
2. To receive and accept apologies for absence.
Cllr Benton’s apology for absence was accepted.
3. To receive declarations of interest. None.
4. To confirm the minutes of the Albury Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday 2nd May 2017. Resolved that these minutes be agreed as a true and accurate record of the proceedings and be duly signed by the vice-chairman. Unanimously agreed.
5. To receive reports on actions agreed at the last council meeting
6. To receive petitions, comments and questions from the public. None.
7. To consider planning applications
3/17/0963/HH. Garage extension. The Nook, Upwick Green, Albury.
3/17/1069/HH. Revised scheme for single and double storey extensions and front porch. 1 Barncroft, Albury. No comment.
3/17/1366/HH. Creation of first floor including 8 No. dormer windows and front porch. Ashleigh, Patmore Heath, Albury. No comment.
8. To receive bank statements, bank reconciliation and financial summary
These were received by the Council and found to be satisfactory.
Balance at 2/5/17, £31,321.91
Income: Transparency funding £417.84, Donation from J&C Moase £50.00
Outgoings: As agreed 2/5/17 £468.52
Graham’s Taxis (18/5/17) £164.00
Balance at 20/6/17, £31,157.23
9. To agree payments due
Allotment mowing April/May £130, Internal audit £150, Community taxi £161, Telephone kiosk £1.00, Metrosigns £263.40. Grant for J Moase booklet printing, £50, Ray Murdoch for 9th July refreshments, £100 Total £855.40
Resolved, proposed Cllr Waples, seconded Cllr Clayden-Smith that these payments be made. Unanimously agreed.
10. To receive the clerk’s report (for information only)
11. To discuss the parish councillor vacancy
Two residents have expressed interest. They will be invited to the next meeting for further discussions.
12. To discuss a resident’s application for a £50 grant to print a historic Albury walk booklet to raise funds for St Mary’s church
The councillors discussed this and agreed give the amount requested.
Resolved, proposed Cllr Murdoch, seconded Cllr Walne that this grant be made. Unanimously agreed.
13. To discuss HMWT’s concerns regarding the damage being caused by resident and visitor parking on the central area of the Patmore Heath nature reserve
The clerk stated that the concerns have been raised by Natural England not the Herts & Middlesex Wildlife Trust (who manage Patmore Heath). Natural England have said that the level of parking appears to be increasing and this is not permitted as the heath is designated as a site of special scientific interest (SSSI). The HMWT reserves manager has surveyed the site and has provided a map showing where erosion of the verges is at its worst and where the official carpark is. The councillors agreed to write to residents on behalf of Natural England and HMWT to request that they only park on the designated area.
14. To sign the contract to complete the adoption of the BT payphone kiosk and discuss its future use
This was signed and the clerk will send it off. The councillors discussed using the kiosk as a library. It needs to be cleaned, painted, vegetation around it needs cutting back. And shelves will need to be installed Judi Murdoch has offered ‘librarian services’. The clerk agreed to ask villagers for donations of books. This will be discussed again at the next meeting.
15. To discuss the progress of the traditional village sign project
The councillors are not convinced the site by the Clapgate pumping station is the best position for the sign. Cllr Waples agreed to speak to a local landowner who owns a more suitable piece of land to locate it to see if he will grant permission.
16. To receive a Gigaclear update and BTs fibre upgrade schedule
Cllr Clayden-Smith has spoken to Gigaclear who have said they still plan to go ahead with the Albury installation but can’t confirm a start date. They are exploring the possibility of running their cables through disused Affinity Water pipes. Openreach have not set a date for their installation.
17. To receive and update of the Albury walks leaflet and discuss plans for the 9th July village walk
The leaflets have arrived and will be distributed to every household in Albury. Cllr Murdoch has begun the task of placing waymarks along each route. Judi Murdoch has offered to bake cakes and the clerk has offered to sell refreshments. The councillors discussed supplying a refundable float of £100 to cover upfront costs which will be repaid from refreshment sales. Resolved, proposed Cllr waples, seconded Cllr Walne to write Cllr Murdoch a cheque for £100 to cover costs. Unanimously agreed
18. To receive an update of the 2nd defibrillator purchase and a defibrillator training date
The defibrillator has arrived. Installation is to be arranged as soon as possible. Cllr Murdoch will get a quote from a local electrician. The training date will be confirmed once an installation ate is known.
19. To discuss the progress of the village hall playground fund raising
Postponed in Cllr Benton’s absence.
20. To suggest agenda items for the Parish Council Meeting to be held Tuesday 11th July 2017 at 7.15pm at the Village Hall
Success of 9th July walk, Playground funding, defibrillator training date, village signpost site, parish council vacancy, telephone kiosk library
The vice-chairman closed the meeting at 8.20pm