Present: Cllr Benton, Cllr Clayden-Smith and Cllr Murdoch.
In attendance: Mrs J Pettitt (parish clerk) and 1 member of the public.
The chairman opened the meeting at 7.00 pm
1. To receive and accept apologies for absence. Cllrs Muller, Walne and Waples sent apologies.
2. To receive declarations of interest. None.
3. To confirm the minutes of the Albury Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday 7th June 2016. Resolved that these minutes be agreed as a true and accurate record of the proceedings and be duly signed by the chairman. Unanimously agreed.
4. To receive reports on actions agreed at the last council meeting
HMWT would be interested in organising a Bioblitz in conjunction with APC.
Other actions will be reported in specific agenda points.
5. To receive petitions, comments and questions from the public.
6. To consider planning applications
3/16/1309/FUL. Heath End Cottage, Patmore Heath, Albury. Erection of stables, tack room, hay store and menage. No Comment.
7. To receive bank statements, bank reconciliation and financial summary
These were received by the Council and found to be satisfactory.
Balance at 31/5/16: £29,792.50
Income: Bank Interest 6/6/16, £3.15; UK Power wayleave, £29.90
Outgoings: As agreed 3/5/16, £215.00
Balance at 30/6/15: £29,610.55
8. To agree payments due
Grasscutters & Co (allotment mowing), £65; Clerks salary, £711.36; Litter Picking, £104; J Pettitt for defibrillator seminar refreshments, £28.50
Resolved, proposed by Cllr Benton, seconded by Cllr Clayden-Smith, that these payments be made. Unanimously agreed.
9. To receive the clerk’s report (for information only)
10. To discuss the allotment agreements due for renewal on 10th September 2016
The current allotment agreement was circulated prior to the meeting. The councillors agreed its content for re-issue in September. One clause regarding the provision of skips is to be removed.
11. To record that the defibrillator training will commence after this meeting at 7.30pm
The defibrillator training will be provided by Community Heartbeart Trust. The date and time was advertised for the previous 2 weeks on the village notice boards, circulated to residents on the APC email distribution list, and members of the Albury Village Facebook page were sent event invites.
12. To discuss the progress of the Albury Parish walking leaflet
Cllr Murdoch is to walk the routes to be included so as to establish the number of waymarks required. The Parish Paths Partnership has suggested a designer @ of £260, and 2,500 printed copies will cost £387. Both costs will be covered by the grant acquired.
13. To discuss the progress of the village hall playground fundraising
Cllr Benton is tackling the grant application forms. Most applications require proof that the community are supportive and are involved in raising funds for the project. The clerk reported that local families support the tuck shop. Other fund raising ideas would be welcome. APC are interested in speaking to local businesses who may be able to offer donations/grants. Please contact us if you are able to help in any way. We need to raise approximately £45,000.
14. To receive an update of the request to EHDC to place a sign on the verge near the Clapgate Pumping Station
The clerk requested permission from EHDC and the request was forwarded to the relevant person. A response is awaited.
15. To discuss the progress of the community bus petition
Mrs Webb has established that Albury can hire a community bus on Saturdays at a cost of £12 for the day plus 88p per mile driven. The bus holds 16 passengers and has wheelchair capacity. Volunteer drivers aged 25 to 70 with D1 or D2 driving licences are required. A return fair of £4.00 (£2.00 for concessions) has been suggested.
16. To suggest agenda items for the Parish Council Meeting to be held Tuesday 6th September 2016 at 7.15pm at the Village Hall
Community bus, walking leaflet, playground grants, village sign
The chairman closed the meeting at 7.30 pm