Present: Cllr Clayden-Smith, Cllr Muller, Cllr Murdoch and Cllr Walne.
In attendance: Mrs J Pettitt (parish clerk), and 4 member(s) of the public (MOP).
The chairman opened the meeting at 7.20 pm
1. To receive and accept apologies for absence. Cllr Waples and Cllr Benton sent apologies.
2. To receive declarations of interest. None.
3. To confirm the minutes of Albury Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday 1st March 2016. Resolved that these minutes be agreed as a true and accurate record of the proceedings and be duly signed by the chairman. Unanimously agreed.
4. To receive reports on actions agreed at the last council meeting
Actions to be discussed in specific agenda points.
5. To receive petitions, comments and questions from the public.
The chairman of the 60 plus group told APC she has collected more names for the community bus petition (see item 15). A resident explained that 6 dwarf apple trees have been planted on the common land in front of their property due to the existence of honey fungus within their garden (see item 18). An MOP asked for information regarding the defibrillator (See item 12) and the A120 Bypass (see item 10.)
6. To consider planning applications
3/16/0319/HH. 6 The Bourne, Albury. Two storey side (previously agreed under 3/15/0427/HH) and single storey rear extension. No comment.
7. To receive bank statements, bank reconciliation and financial summary
These were received by the Council and found to be satisfactory.
Balance at 29/2/16 = £30,580.40
Income: Interest £3.15, BT Wayleave £91.12
Outgoings: As agreed 1/3/16 £12.00
Balance at 31/3/16 = £30,662.67
8. To agree payments due
Clerk’s Salary £704.36, Litter Picking £104, Easter Hunt goods £228.26, Clerk’s Expenses £12.77, HAPTC Subscription £319.66, Community Heartbeat Trust £2478.00. Total £3,847.05
Resolved, proposed by Cllr Muller, seconded by Cllr Murdoch, that these payments be made. Unanimously agreed.
A Barclays mandate change form was completed to add Cllr Clayden-Smith and Cllr Murdoch as signatories. Resolved, proposed by Cllr Muller, seconded by Cllr Walne, that the bank mandate form be amended. Unanimously agreed.
9. To receive the clerk’s report (for information only)
A resident has reported that they believe the Village Hall Car Park is being misused. APC will investigate this.
10. To discuss the A120 Little Hadham Bypass and the A120 team’s request that East Herts planning department delay its determination of the application
APC has been informed that a delay has been requested by the applicant whilst the presence of bats at parts of the site is investigated. Other than a brief email (sent after two enquiries), APC has had no formal letter of response to its comments letter submitted in January.
11. To discuss the village walks planned for 2nd May and receive an update of the application for support to develop an Albury Parish walks leaflet
The clerk agreed to invite people via an event on the village FaceBook.
The village hall committee has requested a fee of £30 to hire the hall for this event.
Resolved, proposed by Cllr Muller, seconded by Cllr Clayden-Smith, that this fee be paid. Unanimously agreed.
Resolved, proposed by Cllr Muller, seconded by Cllr Clayden-Smith, that a budget of £200 be allocated to purchase the food and drink for the cream tea. Unanimously agreed.
Cllr Murdoch has secured a grant to support the development of an Albury walks leaflet. He is to attend a meeting on 29th April to discuss this further.
12. To receive an update of the defibrillator installation
The defibrillator and steel case both have arrived and will be installed as soon as possible. Community Heartbeat Trust will commission it and hold a training event for residents, on a date to be arranged. APC also need a group of volunteers from the village to enlist for a Village Emergency Telephone System (VETS). They must be willing to respond in the event of a Cardiac Arrest in the village to bring the defibrillator from the village hall to the patient, allowing the person who called 999 to remain with the patient. The clerk agreed to ask if an advert for volunteers can be placed in the newsletter.
13. To receive an update of the Easter Egg Hunt held on Saturday 26th March 2016
This was a great success; approximately 90 children participated. APC would like to thank Bella Clayden-Smith, Lexi Clayden-Smith and Harrison Walne for their much appreciated help throughout the day.
14. To receive an update of the village hall playground quotes
Postponed to a future agenda.
15. To receive an update of the bus survey
Cllr Walne has established who to submit the community bus petition to and agreed to forward the details to Mrs Webb.
16. To receive an update regarding the ‘Bus Stop Green’
Cllr Muller has re-opened negotiations via Savilles and is awaiting further details.
17. To discuss Albury historical photographs
Cllr Murdoch has some photographs which are to be reviewed for upload to the village website.
18. To discuss trees planted at Patmore Heath
The councillors agreed that the trees can remain. If APC receive any complaints from residents or HMWT, then the matter will re-addressed.
19. To suggest agenda items for the Annual Parish Council Meeting and Annual Meeting of the Parish to be held Tuesday 3rd May 2016 at 7.15pm at the Village Hall
Walks leaflet, A120 Bypass, defibrillator, playground, bus petition, Annual return/accounts
The chairman closed the meeting at 8.20 pm