Present: Cllr Benton (vice-chairman), Cllr Clayden-Smith, Cllr Murdoch, Cllr Walne and Cllr Waples.
In attendance: Mrs J Pettitt (parish clerk), Mrs P Blevin and 1 member of the public (MOP)
The vice-chairman opened the meeting at 7.15 pm
1. To receive and accept apologies for absence. Apologies were accepted from Cllr Muller.
2. To receive declarations of interest. None.
3. To confirm the minutes of Albury Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday 1st September 2015. Resolved that these minutes be agreed as a true and accurate record of the proceedings and be duly signed by the vice-chairman. Unanimously agreed.
4. To receive reports on actions agreed at the last council meeting
Actions to be discussed in specific agenda points.
5. To receive petitions, comments and questions from the public
An MOP asked if there were plans to remove the sheds at the rear of the village hall. The clerk agreed to forward this query to the village hall committee.
6. To consider planning applications below and any received between 30th September and 6th October 2015
3/15/1796/HH. Heathcote, Patmore Heath, Albury. Demolition of conservatory and erection of two storey rear and single storey rear and side extensions together with associated alterations. Alterations to ground floor fenestration. Two new windows on first floor side elevation. NO COMMENT.
7. To receive bank statements, bank reconciliation and financial summary
These were received by the Council and found to be satisfactory.
Balance at 31/08/15, £30,544.45
Income: EHC Precept £3,450.00, Interest £3.15
Outgoings: as agreed 1/9/15 £905.94
Balance at 30/9/15, £33,091.66
8.To agree payments due
Clerks salary £704.26, clerks expenses £14.19, litter picking £104.00, allotment mowing
£70, Domain name renewal £24.00, Art Show Roadside advert design £35, Printing of 3
roadside advertising boards £99. Total: £1,036.26
Resolved, proposed by Cllr Benton, seconded by Cllr Walne, that these payment be made. Unanimously agreed.
9. To receive the clerk’s report (for information only)
A resident queried the ownership of dead trees along a footpath. The clerk has raised the issue with EHC via the fault reporting system.
10. To agree to hiring a skip for the allotments at a cost of £200
Resolved, proposed by Cllr Benton, seconded by Cllr Clayden-Smith, that a skip be hired for the allotment gardens @£200. Unanimously agreed.
11. To discuss repairs to/refurbishment of the playground
A local company are to prepare a quote subject to making a site visit within the next two weeks.
12. To discuss and set a date for the 2016 Easter Egg Hunt
A tentative date of Saturday 26th March was set.
13. To receive an update on the village sign refurbishment
The refurbishment work is scheduled for the current week. A further payment of £594 will be due on completion to cover the hire of a generator and labour costs.
Resolved, proposed by Cllr Benton, seconded by Cllr Walne, that this payment of £594 be made. Unanimously agreed.
14. To discuss further noticeboard quotes
The company refurbishing the village signs provided a quote which was more expensive than the Greenbarnes quote. Further quotes are to be sought.
15. To further discuss village defibrillators
These will be discussed again after the Arts and Crafts show, which is raising funds to put towards the purchase of a defibrillator.
16. To receive an update on Albury footpaths
The cutting program is complete for the year. Footpath 34 is much improved since being widened. Cllr Murdoch has asked Furneux Pelham Parish Council if they will support applying for a ROW at Hixham and is awaiting a response. The countryside access officer is considering placing notices at certain footpaths to remind horse riders that they should not use them.
17. To discuss the organisation of village Christmas walks followed by drinks and nibbles at the village hall
A tentative date of 29th December was set. The clerk agreed to check the availability of the village hall. Cllr Murdoch has devised 4 walks.
18. To receive an update of the Albury Arts and Crafts show to be held 24th/25th October
Pam Blevins told the councillors that all of the craft stall spaces have now been allocated and that she plans to put advertising signs out this coming weekend. The clerk and Cllr Clayden-Smith agreed to put the three new signs out.
19. To receive a broadband update
Cllr Clayden-Smith showed a list of the postcodes that will be covered by the first four phases. The clerk agreed to publish this on Facebook. OpenReach have yet to complete a survey for Albury.
20. To discuss APC’s possible involvement with the Albury 60 Plus group
Postponed to the next agenda.
21. To suggest agenda items for the next Parish Council Meeting to be held Tuesday 3rd November 2015 at 7.15pm at the Village Hall
60 plus group, Patmore Heath management update and results of recent survey, River Ash Catchment