Present: Cllr Murdoch, Walne and Cllr Waples.
In attendance: Mrs J Pettitt (parish clerk), and 1 member of the public.
The chair opened the meeting at 7.20 pm
1. To elect a chairman for the year 2018/19 and sign Declaration of Acceptance of Office
Resolved, proposed Cllr Waples, seconded by Cllr Walne, to appoint Cllr Murdoch as Chair for the year 2018/19. Unanimously agreed.
Cllr Murdoch signed the declaration of acceptance of office.
2. To elect a vice-chair for the year 2018/19 and sign Declaration of Acceptance of Office
Resolved, proposed Cllr Walne, seconded Cllr Murdoch, to appoint Cllr Waples as Vice-chair for the year 2018/19. Unanimously agreed. Cllr Waples signed the declaration of acceptance of office.
3. To receive and accept apologies for absence.
Apologies were received and accepted from Cllr Wheatley.
4. To receive declarations of interest. None.
5. To confirm the minutes of the Albury Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday 3rd April 2018. Resolved that these minutes be agreed as a true and accurate record of the proceedings and be duly signed by the chair Unanimously agreed.
6. To receive reports on actions agreed at the last council meeting
These will be reported in specific agenda points.
7. To receive petitions, comments and questions from the public.
8. To consider planning applications
3/18/0983/HH. Single storey timber conservatory, White Cottage, Patmore Heath, Albury. No comment.
3/18/1034/HH. Creation of first floor including dormer windows and front porch - Amendment to previous approval 3/17/1336/HH - raising ridge by 30cm, altering fenestration to rear and side elevations including proposed rear and side first floor Juliet balconies, changing porch roof to a pitched roof and addition of solar panels on roof, Ashleigh, Patmore Heath, Albury. No comment.
9. To receive bank statements, bank reconciliation and financial summary and complete mandate change forms to amend bank signatories
These were received by the Council and found to be satisfactory.
Balance at 3/4/18 £29,331.88
Income: Precept £3,450.00 Wayleave £91.12
Outgoings: As agreed 3/4/18 £1,607.10
Balance at 14/5/2018 £31,265.90
Balance per bank statements £31,770.93 – balance of £31,265.90 = £505.03
Unpresented cheques to date:101124 £38.00 (reissued), 101128 £130.00, 101132 £337.03 Total £505.03
10. To sign off the annual return and accounts previously circulated
The councillors inspected the accounts which confirm expenditure and income were below £25,000 for the year ending March 2018.
Resolved, proposed Cllr Waples, seconded Cllr Murdoch, that Albury Parish Council’s annual expenditure and income are below £25,000 and form AGAR2, containing the Certificate of Exemption, should be completed and signed. Unanimously agreed.
AGAR2 was duly completed and signed by the chair and clerk.
11. To consider the insurance renewal quote
The quote is £260.80. Resolved, proposed Cllr ¬¬¬¬¬Murdoch, seconded Cllr Walne, that the insurance be renewed with Community First @ £260.80. Unanimously agreed.
12. To agree payments due
Re-issue cheque to D Muller £38, Markwell Glass (fire-exit doors balance) £382, Community First Insurance £260.80. Total £680.80.
Resolved, proposed Cllr Murdoch, seconded Cllr Walne, that these payments be made. Unanimously agreed.
13. To receive the clerk’s report (for information only)
14. To discuss actions taken to conform with new General Data Protection Regulations
The clerk has obtained a model document from the HAPTC and will complete this ready for publication on the website.
15. To discuss the Albury Newsletter Editor’s request for the parish council to take over responsibility for its production
The newsletter editor has appealed for someone to take over the role of editor but has had no responses. She has said she will carry on producing the newsletter in the interim but would like someone else to organise its distribution. The councillors briefly discussed taking over the newsletter and agreed to invite the editor to the next meeting to discuss this further.
16. To discuss the progress of the traditional village sign project
Councillors Geoff Williams and Graham McAndrew are making enquiries on our behalf as to who owns the proposed sites.
17. To discuss the progress of the discussions with HCC with respect to the hole in the bridge at Patmore Heath
Councillor Graham McAndrew has followed up with highways on our behalf, mainly to establish who made the site visit in March. The highway locality manager responded to the clerk on 19/4/18 to say he was making enquiries with Ringway. On 13th May, the clerk emailed the highway locality manager to see if there was any news and is awaiting a response.
18. To discuss a reprint of the Albury Walks leaflet
Cllr Murdoch has made enquiries with HCC about a reprint from the original printers. The clerk agreed to seek quotes from other companies. The first print run cost £618 for the printing and folding of 3500 leaflets.
19. To discuss parking issues at the village hall
The clerk agreed to chase East Herts to find out when they are going to remove the abandoned car in the village hall car park (reported in April).
20. To discuss the councillor vacancy and hear from any interested parties
Jeremy Kent attended the meeting and said he would be happy to fill the councillor vacancy. He is a retired pharmacist who has lived in the village for almost 30 years.
Resolved, proposed Cllr Murdoch, seconded Cllr Waples, that Jeremy Kent be co-opted to fill the vacancy. Unanimously agreed.
21. To suggest agenda items for the Parish Council Meeting to be held Tuesday 12th June 2018 at 7.15pm at the Village Hall
Newsletter, village sign, hole in the road as Patmore heath, village hall parking, leaflet reprint, Councillor vacancy, traffic calming and radar sign each end of the village.
The Chair closed the meeting at 8.32 pm